Sunday, March 31, 2013

Very busy but fun weekend - HUGE Thanks to NoSafeWord.com

This has been a very busy, but a very fun weekend.  I really enjoy the things that I do, why else would I do them right?

Friday night I had the great honor of being welcomed onto the No Safeword Blog's podcast show with Sparky and Daddy Tony.  The show is fairly new, and I will be featured on episode 10 that will release in a few days.  They have a great format including current affairs, funny news stories, and interviews/conversation with community members.  They also have a great way of taking serious topics and make sure that people can have an open dialogue about them.  Their theory about the show is to have conversations about Leather/Kink/SM in ways that you would have with your buddies over cocktails.

We talked about a number of things including why it is so important to respect other people in the community and make sure that they want to stay involved in the community.  Afterall the work that all of us do in the community is all volunteer based, you have to give people reason to want to stay involved, and having fun should be the top of that list.
We also talked about why it means so much to me to be involved with my Leather Club, Panther L/L, and what my club brothers and sisters mean to me.  I am very proud that our club will be celebrating our 25th anniversary here in a little over a month.  I have some club brothers/sisters that are closer to me than some of my blood family, and there is nothing I would do to help them if it is within my power.

Be sure to check out their site at:
http://nosafeword.com/
Their podcast is so great.  I have actually had to stop listening to it at work because I started bursting out laughing out loud.

I'm very happy about the fact that they have already said that they want to have me on again in the future, and I'm already looking forward to it.

I still find it hard to believe that over the last several years I have gotten as involved in things as I am now.  I used to very much be the wallflower that stood in the back and watched everyone around me have fun.

Then Saturday Night we hosted our quarterly Fetish Night to benefit Southeast Black and Blue, LLC.  We host this party at the Atlanta Eagle every time that there is a 5th Saturday in a month, and this time the theme was Superheros.  We packed the Atlanta Eagle with Superheros and Villains alike ranging from Super Bunny, to Super Cock and Bottom Boy, to Venom, and even Boris Natasha and Rocky showed up!

All in all this was a busy weekend but it was so much fun.  Now its time to get ready for Atlanta Leather Pride thats now less than two weeks away WOOF!

Pup Nitro
International Leatherboy 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment